When does iOS 5 get released
October 4, 2011It’s been announced. iOS 5 is set for release on 12 October.
iOS 5 will have
- Find my Friends – shows a map of where your friends ares
- Cards – if you like old fashion snail mail then you can now create a post card from your iPhone and Apple will print and post it out, as long as you live in the US.
- Parental Controls
- Device Sharing – take a photo on your iPhone and have it appear on your iPad.
- iTunes Match – synchronise your music collection across all your devices, again only in the US. costs $24.99 a year.
- Notifications – visible from the top by swiping down – like Android
- iCloud – store photos a docs in the cloud.
- Twitter integration – integrated into the OS. tweet photos, tweet websites from Safari, videos from Youtube, etc.