Wireless networking in the home is very popular because of one big instant advantage – No wires.
We can help by ensuring your wireless home network is set up to give you the maximum level or safety and security on your broadband connection.
Our standard service comes as a fixed package and includes:
- Come to your house at a time that suits you.
- Configure the networking on your wireless access point or router. This may includes Laptops, Printers, Scanners, etc.
- Set up up to 3 wireless devices. (We can configure additional devices at an agreed rate.)
- Enable wireless security.
- Enable Device Passwords.
- Demonstrate how to connect.
- Provide full documentation of the Network and Security Settings after the visit.
The follow exclusions apply to the standard service.
- Supplying additional hardware require including the wireless access point or router.
- Configuring wired networking
- Resolving existing hardware and software issues.
- Business or Commercial installations
- Ongoing support.
How can you make my wireless more secure?
We will check a few simple configuration items including:
- Encryption Type – making sure you have the right encryption. Whilst WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) does provide some level is can be cracked easily)
- Encryption Level – setting a much higher level of encryption to reduce the chances of attack.
- Router Password – we shall ceck the default password on your wireless devices to ensure that the wireless password cannot be obtained.
- MAC Level access – a MAC code is the unique ID of each wireless device printer, mobile or computer and we configured only allowed device to use the wireless network.
- Change the SSID – we change the default SSID (Service Set Identifier) on your wireless network.
- Hide the SSID – by hiding the SSID, it makes it harder to attack you network.
- Disable unused security – if you do not require certain levels of security then we disable it completely.
All of these changes greatly reduce your chances of being compromised.
Improve Wireless Performance
In addition to the security checks above, we review the status of wireless environment because so many devices now use wireless and this creates WiFi pollution. Including
- Cordless Phones
By setting your wireless devices to the least used channel you can increase the performance of your wireless network.