Virus, Spyware and Malware Removal Service
Virus and spyware attacks are becoming more frequent and more serious. Spyware removal and Malware removal is a tricky business
- Run a variety of Virus Removal, Spyware Removal and Malware Removal Tools.
- Delete any associated configuration entries from your computer.
- Advise on any security changes you may need to implement.
Malicious software removal is very time consuming so we collect, repair and return your computer saving you the hassle.
We offer two levels of service
- Standard Service – covering the removal of any malicious software from a single Computer or Laptop with certain exclusions
- Premium Service – where we provide a fixed quotation for any work that may include supplying additional software or hardware to improve you security arrangements.
Both services involve visiting your house but we DO NOT charge a call out fee within our standard coverage area.
Our standard service comes as a fixed package and includes:
- Come to your house at a time that suits you.
- Take the computer for workshop repair.
- Create a temporary off-line backup of your data .
- Remove any Spyware, Malware and Spyware using tools and techniques
- Apply any browser and operating system patches required.
- Return and connect your PC backup.
- Ensure that all existing external device still work; like printers.
The follow exclusions apply to the standard service.
- The cost of any additional commercial software required for future protection.
- Resolving existing hardware issues.
- Business or Commercial installations
- Ongoing support.
Our premium service covers the standard service offering but the addition of the System Health Check service.
We are experts at Spyware Removal and Virus removal so call us.
What is Malware?
Malware stands for MALicious SoftWARE and comprises of a number of types software designed to infiltrate or damage your computer without your knowledge. These include:
- Trojans – these are probably the most dangerous kind of Malware because they have a simple target; your personal and financial information or your computer’s system resources. This is why Trojans rarely disrupt your computer, or even destroy files, making them difficult to stop with the right tools.
- Rootkits – These are designed to hide themselves in the early stages of the operating system loading. They require human intervention to be installed and you are typically tricked into installing them by various offers. They are the hardest of all Malware to detect and therefore difficult to remove.
- Viruses – Probably the most well known type of Malware and has made headlines in the mainstream media. Although once popular, they are easy to detect and contain as they were often spread via email.
- Worms – These vary from viruses in that they rely on exploits within a computer to spread. Worms tend not to infect other files but create their own instance and then seek out other computers to infect. Worms then open backdoors so that remote hackers can access your system.
- Spyware – This is software that spies on you by tracking your internet activities in order to present targeted advertising. The author also collects this data and sells the information on to other organisations.
- Adware – This is not really dangerous software but it proves very lucrative for its author because Adware displays ads on your computer. The level of advertising depends on the author but the small text in the licensing agreement – which we hardly ever read – means that you’ve agreed to it. However, constant pop ups become rather annoying and the author doesn’t always make it easy to remove the software.
- Keyloggers – This type of Malware logs all the keystrokes you make to log sensitive information such as passwords and financial details. This information is then accessed by the hacker either via a backdoor or by sending the information back to a remote server.
The intention for the authors of Malware is usually commercial or criminal gain or simply destructive purposes but however you got infected, our System Health Check service can remove all of the above type of Malware (and other less common ones) putting your PC back to work at maximum power.
How did I get infected?
Not too long ago email was the most popular way to spread viruses but this technique now makes up for less then 3% of the Infection methods. Nowadays infection usually occurs via hosted websites. Innocent looking adware collect adverts from internet which then downloads additional Malware without your knowledge.
Other infections occur through “hi-jacked” websites that download content when you view them.. These sites then take advantage of exploits within your set up, usually a bug in the browser, to gain access to your system and install rouge software.
How can I be protected?
Having up-to-date Anitvirus and Antispyware software is a great way start to protecting yourself and your computer because these infections usually occur without your knows.